Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reaching (little) hearts

This is my oldest daughter.
She's pretty incredible.

She's is teaching me so much about looking at the heart not the actions. Like when she screams, "Poppa! Look at me!" Disrespect for me is not what is driving her motivation, although it is what her actions are displaying. Her heart is filled with a desire for my attention and affection. She may be going about obtaining this desire in a wrong way, but the longing for her Poppa's love is not wrong in the least.


My daughter is teaching me to look at the people on campus in a similar way. When I'm doing mission work on a college campus, I meet hundreds of people who are acting like my 2 year old. Acting out toward me (and JFA) because of real hurts and raw emotions. My daughter is showing me how to look past what people say or do and focus on the deeper issue of their hearts. And I'm thankful for that.

After all, God looks at us in the same way. Man focuses on the outward appearance, but Jesus is looking at the heart - the wellspring of life. I love my job for the opportunities it affords me to reach out to hurting hearts. Those affected by abortion, in general, suffer in silence. God has given me the blessing of working to reach out to the silent sufferers and share the hope we have in Christ Jesus. I couldn't ask for a better job.


No comments:

Post a Comment